Vertigrow Gabions are wire mesh boxes or containers filled on site with rock, stone and soil.
They are used as modular construction blocks to prevent soil erosion. It serves an alternative solution to concrete structures.
Vertigrow Gabions and Mattresses have long been used as system for erosion protection on inland water courses, providing economical and environmentally acceptable solutions. Water is a powerful force and unless protection schemes are correctly designed, potential failure can occur.
Vertigrow Gabion Applications
- Channel Linings
- Bank and bed protection
- Fish habitats
- Culvert headwall inlet / outlet structures
- Protection around bridge piers
- River training works
- Landscape design
Applications of Vertigrow Gabion in Civil Engineering
- To stabilize shore or slope against erosion
- To create a barrier that prevents erosion
- To hold back earth or other solid materials without overturning, sliding or foundation failure to prevent silt and topsoil from washing away during heavy rains or even floods
- To reduce water velocities and re-capture bed sediment in streams
Advantages of Vertigrow Gabion
- Stone filling is characterized by porosity that enables water to flow and does not create hydraulic pressure on the panels of the gabion structures, it is the drainage function
- Flexibility and versatility
- Philippines Gabions are able to deform while still retaining their integrity, they adapt to the terrain where the concrete structures may crack and fail, they are suitable for unstable subgrades.
- High resistance and durable
- Is secured by using outstanding features of steel wire, its surface treatment by heavy galvanization or PVC coating and by the quality of stone filling. During the lifetime of the gabion the pores are filled up with alluvia and the whole structure is grown through by vegetation and increases its strength and therefore is able to resist against more pressures.
- Ecological and aesthetic
- Gabion structures are merge with surrounding nature, they are grown over by local plants, and looks more aesthetic than concrete structures. In the rivers they enable algae to anchor and accommodate micro-organisms for natural water cleaning.
- Material quality
- One key factor in the long term performance of the gabions structures is the quality of wire and wire netting. Our gabion products are made of double twist hexagonal wire netting or welded wire netting that resists to unravel and break-up after tearing or cutting the wire.
GABION PHILIPPINES VG-G111 (1M x 1M x 1M) LWH
GABION PHILIPPINES VG-G211 (2M x 1M x 1M) LWH
GABION PHILIPPINES VG-G311 (1M x 1M x 1M) LWH
Vertigrow Gabion Product Specification
|DPWH STANDARD (ZINC COATED)
|1M x 1M x 1M (LxWxH)
|2M x 1M x 1M (LxWxH)
|3M x 1M x 1M (LxWxH)
Body Mesh - The mesh shall be formed by twisting pairs of wires through one and a half turns to form a hexagonal flexible net pattern. The end wires of the mesh panel are terminated by being wrapped around a heavy selvedge wire.
Selvedge Wire - A terminal wire used to connect all the edge of the body mesh. This is mechanically connected in such a way to prevent unravelling of the mesh body.
Lacing Wire - The wire used for site assembly.
GABION MATTRESS PHILIPPINES VG-G623 (6M x 2M x .3M) LWH
Vertigrow Gabion Mattress Product Specification
|6M x 2M x 0.30M (LxWxH)
Vertigrow Gabions Installation Method
- Prepare all the materials needed for gabion such as panels and lacing wires.
- Erect each section up. Erect front, back and all diaphragms vertically.
- Fasten and secure each panels together with lacing wires.
- Fill the gabion box with stones using hand or shovel.
- When gabions are filled with stones, cover the lids with lacing wires.
- Combine gabions step by step to build our project base on design requirements.